Advice for a
Your eyesight is precious. Learn how to look after it properly and prevent eye health problems.
10 to 20 years of age
Eye examination every 2 years.
The examinations must include:
- Visual acuity
- Examination of motility
- Anterior segment and intraocular pressure
- Fundus examination
- Refractive conditions (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism)
- Strabismus or binocular vision problems
- Ophthalmological conditions
Signs of eye problems
- Straining your eyes often
- Frequent headaches
- Difficulty concentrating
- Rubbing your eyes frequently
- Difficulty seeing close or distant objects
- Holding objects too close to read
- Blurred or distorted vision
- Tired, dry or red eyes or discomfort
- Tearing, gritty or foreign body sensation or sensitivity to light
* Regardless of age, for patients with refractive defects (especially high myopia), diabetes, hypercholesterolaemia, vascular problems or a history of eye disease, examinations should be performed annually.